The neighborhood we will moving to is aesthetically very different from the city life we are leaving behind. Where we are surrounded by sky scrapers and old industrial buildings now, we will soon be surrounded by Hampton(esque) cape cods and traditional shingle style homes and center hall colonials. The vibe is very similar to what you’d find in areas like the Hampton. Except that with the emergence of so many New York City transplants and young modern families a more modern french country feel is what you’ll see more of. This inspired this week’s Get The Look. Let’s throw a Modern French Country affair shall we?
Having a personalized DIY project makes guests feel special. This is a very simple project that will have guests feeling the french country love.
What To Do
1. Place a small dab of hot glue onto chalkboard label
2. Place dowel or screwer onto the dab of glue on the label adjusting the dowel so that it is nice and straight
3. With chalk write your guests names and use as place holders tying an sprig of rosemary or fennel or lavender
4. Bringing in french country inspired furniture and mixing it with more modern furniture pieces like these lucite chairs takes things up a notch
5. Creating simple centerpieces in ceramic pitchers gives a touch of feminine sophistication