About a month ago I started working out in the mornings. Like, at the crack of dawn kind of morning. I wake up at 5:30am, have my morning coffee, browse through my favorite blogs, then make my way to the gym by 6:00am. I know crazy talk, right? Honestly, if I didn’t push myself to do this I’d never get to workout so this works for my often times unpredictable schedule. Only problem is when I get back from my workout I have about 15 mins to shower, get ready, and at least start some kind of healthy recovery breakfast before its time to get Baby A up and ready for P-school. This is why I LOVE these protein pancakes. They’re very high in protein, quick and easy to make, and incredibly tasty and satisfying.
2 Tbs Unsweetened Coconut Milk
1 Scoop or Pack of your favorite Vanilla Flavored Protein Powder (I use the Vanilla Perfect Fit Protein Powder)
1/4 cup Egg white
1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
1-2 Tbs Unsweetened Dark Chocolate Chips
1. Mash the banana with the coconut milk until well mixed
2. Stir in the remaining ingredients
3. Spray your griddle with non stick cooking spray and allow to heat on medium
4. Pour in your batter onto your heated griddle
5. Allow your pancakes to cook until bubbles begin to form on top. Flip to cook the other side
Feel free to get creative with your toppings. Here I added raw unsweetened coconut shavings and blackberries but think peanut butter & strawberries, liquid agave drizzle, strawberries and bananas. Mmmm…Note I adapted this recipe from the Tone It Up girls and just made some minor adjustments.