As promised here is the recipe for my healthier and lighter version of the Nutella French Toast.
8-10 slices of 100% Whole Wheat Bread
2 egg whites
2 tbl unsweetened coconut milk
1/2 cup raw coconut sugar
1 tbl ground allspice
2 tbl coconut oil
1. Remove crusts from bread
2. Roll each slice with a rolling pin (I used a tall glass)
3. Spread Nutella over each slice (with desired amount) and roll tightly
4. Whisk egg whites and coconut milk in a shallow bowl
5. Combine coconut sugar and allspice in a separate bowl mixing well (you can also substitute allspice for cinnamon. Tastes amazing either way)
6. Heat 2 tbl of coconut oil in a pan over medium heat. Dip each roll in the egg mixture until well coated, then place in heated pan. Cook until golden and repeat on other side.
7. Once cooked on both sides roll each roll up in the sugar mixture. Serve immediately