Mornings are typically pretty hectic around here. It usually consists of waking to a 630am alarm, pressing the snooze button a couple of times until about 645am, and finally out of bed by 650a. By that time, I usually have somewhere between 10-15mins to get my workout gear on refreshen up and make my morning dash towards the kids rooms. Next challenge is getting the little ones ready for school and off to get a healthy morning meal prepared while juggling lunch and snack time prep. Its a balancing act and one that I have yet to fully conquer. Until I do, I choose my battles and give myself a pat on the back for the small victories. Like feeding the littles a healthy breakfast and actually enjoying some for me too! This is why I love this Quinoa Breakfast Bowl. Not only it is simple to make with the freshest ingredients but it is the most delicious low carb breakfast I’ve had in awhile. Its a life saver in these cray cray winter mornings.
What You’ll Need
- 6 tbl egg whites
- Half a medium onion diced
- 1 cup spinach
- 1-2 tbl of crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup of your favorite Quinoa cooked (here I used Tricolored Quinoa)
What You’ll Do
- Heat 1/2 tbl of your favorite cooking oil (I used Grapeseed Oil) in a nonstick pan. Add your onions stirring until translucent. Add spinach stirring for 2-3 minutes.
- Add egg whites to the onion and spinach medley allowing a minute or two for the egg whites to heat before stirring it all up.
- Add the feta cheese and quinoa and stir until well mixed and eggs are fully cooked. Serve and enjoy!
*Note this recipe serves 1 bowl-double, triple or quadruple the recipe to make as many bowls as needed
And there you have it, nice, simple and tasty! As you can probably tell from my Pinterest Recipe Board I’m always on the hunt for great quick and easy low carb breakfast recipes. If you have any please send them my way. I’d love to hear from you!
Shop The Post