I was looking for cute favor bags to put the Candy Corn White Chocolate Blondies I made to give out as treats. I couldn’t find anything that was quite what I was looking for so I decided on making them myself. The objective for this DIY project? It had to be not only simple but super duper cute. What’s new right? I love that they could also be used as take away bags for a party, favor bags for a Halloween themed wedding, or as snack bags to put in the kids lunch boxes on Halloween for an extra special surprise. Read on for the How-To of achieving these super cute DIY Halloween favor bags!
What You’ll Need
- Linen Favor Bags (I bought these at the $1 section at Target but these bags are a great option)
- Halloween image of your choice (have fun with this!)
- Halloween themed accessories (think spiders, bats, ghosts, skulls, witches, googly eyes!)
- Glue gun
- Iron-on transfer paper
What You’ll Do
- Source cool spooky Halloween related images online. There are so many out there. Really have fun with it but always consider the color of your bags (as this will serve as the background color of your image), and the guests you’ll be giving the treats to.
- Once you’ve sourced your images print them out on iron transfer paper and cut the out. Remember to flip the images that have writing, before printing, so that the writing will not turn out backwards once you’ve ironed it onto your bag. If you don’t have a printer at home just email the images to your local printing store and have them print them for you. They can also scale the images to whatever size you’d need! You can also look at my Halloween Pinterest Board for some great options.
3. Cut the images and position them on the bags to your liking
4. Iron the images onto the bags following the specific instructions on the iron transfer sheets. Note if you are using a light colored bag you’ll need transfer paper for light fabric and if you are using a dark colored bag use transfer paper for dark fabric.
5. Using the hot glue gun, glue your Halloween accessories to make the bags extra cute!
6. Stuff the bags with your favorite treats! I added a Candy Corn White Chocolate Blondie (you can find that recipe here)
Shop The Post